San Joaquin Memorial High School
Reporting to the Head of School, the Development Director (DD) is responsible for creating and implementing a development plan to identify, solicit, and enhnace contributions to San Joaquin Memorial in the form of grants, in-kind donations, charitable events, marketing opportunities, and our planned giving program. From this plan, strong relationships and partnerships between Memorial and stakeholders--students, faculty, alumni, parents, community partners, media, parishes, feeder schools, foundations, and friends will be formed and strengthened. The DD is responsible for the development, promotion, and implementation of this program including oversight of the development of comprehensive plans for soliciting and securing major planned gifts through identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects. The DD will work closely with the school's Development/Advancement Committee and the Advisory Board of Directors to engage the alumni, Diocese, and frieds of SJM regarding the structure of lifetime and testamentary gifts that will benefit Memorial and the local Catholic community.
- Cultivates prospects and donors for the purpose of negotiating and closing charitable life income arrangements, bequests, and major outright gifts.
- Creates deferred and outright gifts obtained with prospects, donors, allied professionals, development staff, and other members of our Catholic and San Joaquin Memorial community.
- Provides technical support to donors and donors' professional advisors to formulate and implement gift plans consistent with donors' overall tax, estate planning, and financial goals.
- Provides stewardship and guidace to existing planned giving donors to encourage their continued commitment to San Joaquin Memorial.
- Assists with recruitment and stewardship of SJM alumni.
- Works closely with Marketing staff and committee's and other Catholic front-line fundraisers regarding the gift planning program and solicitation techniques for deferred gifts.
- Partnering with staff in all SJM fundraising events to maixmize giving potential.
- Experience with major gifts and/or planned giving.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with members of the diocesan and SJM communities.
- Capacity to inspire confidence and cooperation with the ability to work both as a team player and independently.
- Knowlege of diocesan policies and practices.
- Ability to keep matters highly confidential, demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter with strong organizational abilities, integrity, and confidence.
- Flexibility to travel as needed to develop and maintain relationships.
- Competency and experience with Microsoft software suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in a nonprofit organization and/or background in higher education
- Minimum of three years of increasing responsibility in charitable gift planning or in a field providing comparable knowledge of estate planning, trust and estate management, charitbale giving tax law or other directly related fields.
- San Joaquin Memorial alumni or relation of.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- Active in related professional organizations.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation via e-mail or USPS to:
Joan Bouchard, Vice Principal
San Joaquin Memorial High School
1406 N. Fresno St.
Fresno, CA 93703