Inspiring Hope and Healing: A Journey Toward Wholeness through the Ministry of Health
Ministry Chaplain and Spiritual Advisor: Rev. Msgr. Raymond C. Dreiling, V.G.
Co-coordinators: Sally Flores, Roxanna Stevens
(559) 488-7474 ext. 111
- Encourages and invites all lay faithful and nurses who are called to be ministers of health to become actively engaged in health and wellness in communities of diverse culture within the Diocese of Fresno.
- Provides ongoing education and promotion of health ministry by supporting personal faith development, programming ideas, making the health-faith connection through ministry and promoting effective leadership skills.
- Supports and empowers faith community nurses in their ministry development and structure through standardized qualifications, procedures and documentation as defined by the Diocese of Fresno, Health Ministries Association and both the faith Community Nurse and ANA scope and standards of practice.
Health Ministry - Vision
Health Ministry encourages whole person health and healing in our faith communities by living out and reclaiming the Gospel teachings of Jesus’ healing mission through compassionate integration of faith and health in the context of our Catholic faith.
Health Ministry - Mission
Health ministry aspires to support and empower health ministries and faith community nurses of the Diocese of Fresno to create healthier communities by sharing the Gospel message through the health-faith connection.
Health Ministry Information
Health – Faith Connection
is a series of catechetical articles for the purpose of exploring healing in the Catholic faith and preparation for the healing
Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
. It is presented by Sally Flores, RN (
- God's Healing
- What is health
- Illness and Suffering
- Sin and sickness
- Wholeness and hope
- Caring for the sick
- Sacrament of the Anointing
- Curación de Dios
- Sanidad – Que es en realidad?
- Hay alguien ante ti enfermo?
- Pecado y Enfermedad
- Integridad y esperanza
- Cuidado para la gente en enfermedad y sufrimiento entre nosotros
- Celebrando el Sacramento de la Ungion de los Enfermos