Those who wish to participate as a pressenter for our Congress are asked to submit the following information:
- Fill out a Speaker Proposal, with your workshop topic. You can find the form here: https://form.jotform.com/RoseHernandez/diocesan-congress-speaker-proposal-
- If possible, include a resume or CV if this is your first time submitting a workshop proposal.
Selection of speakers and workshops involves a discernment process, assessing the qualifications and formation of the speaker, as well as the topic. Often topics are submitted that are better suited to another type of event, or that do not fit the theme or focus of the Congress.
For Diocesan Congress 2017, the theme is
We are seeking workshops that reflect who we were, who we are, and who we are called to be as a People of God, and as a Diocese of the Roman Catholic Church.
Minimum requirements for speakers are:
- Completion of a formal and approved formation process, such as Master Catechist, Lay Formation Institute, or a Masters' Degree in Theology or related area
- Written approval from pastor if within the Diocese of Fresno; from Bishop's Office or Superior if outside the Diocese of Fresno. Full time staff of a diocesan office are exempt from this requirement.
- Submission of a resume or curriculum vitae that reflects professional level formation and/or published writings.
- Those who are sponsored by an approved publishing company may be exempt from the above, as the company enlists its own vetting process.