The Property/Construction Department is a "Resource" for all matters affecting construction and real estate within the Diocese of Fresno.
The Real Estate division of the Property & Construction department assists in the sale, purchase or lease of all diocesan real estate as well as all parish property. The Real Estate office acts as a liaison between the realtors, Title Company, tenant/landlord, parish/school, the Vicar General, and the Bishop. The Real Estate office facilitates the hiring of all appraisers, realtors and counsel, when needed. Additionally, the Real Estate office will manage all approvals for sale/lease/purchase transactions through the various councils and will secure all appropriate signatures on legal documentation. The Real Estate Office will assist in all real estate based transactions.
- Advice for Real Estate acquisitions & dispositions.
- Real Estate Tax Exempt status and certification of properties within the Diocese of Fresno territory.
- Manage Landlord & Tenant leases.
- Manage Building & Facility Construction contract.
- Manage Municipal Entitlement conditions.
- Maintain Property Records
- Maintain Building Facility records & Construction documents.
Would you like to provide construction and/or design services to our Parishes, Schools and/or Ministries? You may email [email protected].
The Property/Construction Department is governed and directed by the Bishop's Policies and Procedures outlined in the Priests' Handbook, and is subject to the approval by the Most Reverend Armando X. Ochoa, D.D., Bishop of the Diocese of Fresno and his Vicar General, Reverend Monsignor Raymond C. Dreiling, Attorney in Fact of the Diocese of Fresno.
- Policy & Procedure outline.
- Initial Request for Project Approval.
- Lease Data Worksheet.
- Overall Project Budget Worksheet
If you have any questions regarding construction or real estate within the Diocese of Fresno territory which includes the counties of Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Merced, Madera, Mariposa, and Tulare please feel free to contact any of the department personnel listed.
“Who can provide construction services to our Diocese?”
All businesses must be properly licensed with the California State License Board. All businesses, including volunteer organizations, will be required to provide General Liability & Workers' Compensation as outlined in our link.