Nursing Professionals serving to promote and foster :
- The intentional care of the Spirit.
- Practicing the fundamental historic roots of health and healing found within the Christian Faith traditions.
- The recognition of wholeness regardless of circumstances.
- Focused service on the Faith Community.
The course is recognized as a subspecialty in Nursing practice, with 38 continuing education units upon completion, and is is offered through the Diocese of Fresno.
The course runs four days/ 8 hours each day.
The curriculum prepares the Faith Community Nurse to serve in this specialized ministry in complete collaboration with the Parish priest or pastor.
The Course Modules:
Day One: Spirituality
- History & Philosophy
- Health, Healing & Wellness’
- Spiritual Care
Day Two: Professionalism
- Ethical Issues
- Documenting Practice
- Legal Aspects
- Beginning Your Ministry
- Communication & Collaboration
Day Three: Wholistic Health
- Health Promotion
- Behavioral Health
- Transforming Life Issues (Family Violence)
- Transforming Life Issues (Loss, Suffering, Grief)
Day Four: Community & Certification
- Accessing Resources
- Care Coordination
- Pinning Ceremony & Certification
Cost for course is $365.00
This course has been approved by the Board of Registered Nursing for 38 CE hours under provider #CEP16667 – HEART Courses Provider
- Download PDF file – Registration Form for Faith Community Nurse Basic Course
- complete form & either fax to #(559) 488-7464 or mail to
Attn. Raphael Health Ministry, Penelope Applegarth, MSN, FNP, FCN
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Cathollic Church
929 Harvard Ave
Clovis, CA, 93612