FOUNDATIONS FAITH COMMUNITY NURSING CURRICULUM
Basic Course: March 3 – 6, 2022
NURSING PROFESSIONALS SERVING TO PROMOTE AND FOSTER:
1. The intentional care of the spirit.
2. Practicing the fundamental historic roots of health and healing found within the Christian Faith traditions.
3. The recognition of wholeness regardless of circumstances.
4. Focused service on the Faith community.
Course is recognized as a subspecialty in nursing practice. Gain 34 continuing education units upon completion.
Course is offered through the Diocese of Fresno. See below for the course, dates, location and costs.
Diocese of Fresno
1550 North Fresno St. Fresno, CA 93703-3788.
For more information 559-488-7474 ext.108
This course is being offered on-site as well as virtually for those unable to attend in person. The course runs four days, eight hours per day.
The curriculum is comprised of 15 modules presented in a pre-course assignment and throughout the four days.
These modules prepare the Faith Community Nurse to serve in this specialized ministry in complete collaboration with the Pastor and or Administrator of their church.
Course Objectives at the completion of this course the nurse will be able to:
- Articulate the philosophy & description of Faith Community Nursing
- State three principles of Faith Community Nursing practices that are used within a faith community setting
- Identify 2 steps required to comply with documentation standards set for FCN services in a faith community
1. History and Philosophy
2. Health, Healing, and Whole-Person Care
3. Spiritual Care
5. Beginning Ministry
6. Communication and Collaboration
7. Legal Aspects
8. Ethical Issues
9. Documenting Practice
10. Health Promotion
11. Behavioral Health
13. Loss, Suffering, Grief
14. Assessment & Accessing Resources
15. Advocacy, Care Coordination, and Transitional Care
$350.00 Early Bird:
Closes February 7, 2022 Cancellation fee $165:
(After February 8, 2022)
Penelope Applegarth MSN NP
This course has been approved for 34 hours of continuing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Pilar De La Cruz Samoulian, MSN, RN, Faith Community Nurse
- Emma Camarena, RN, Faith Community Nurse