Nursing Professionals serving to promote and foster :
- The intentional care of the Spirit.
- Practicing the fundamental historic roots of health and healing found within the Christian Faith traditions.
- The recognition of wholeness regardless of circumstances.
- Focused service on the Faith Community.
The course is recognized as a subspecialty in Nursing practice, with 34 continuing education units upon completion, and is is offered through the Diocese of Fresno.
The course runs four days/ 8 hours each day.
The curriculum prepares the Faith Community Nurse to serve in this specialized ministry in complete collaboration with the Parish priest or pastor.
The Course Modules:
Day One: Spirituality
- History & Philosophy
- Health, Healing & Wellness’
- Spiritual Care
Day Two: Professionalism
- Ethical Issues
- Documenting Practice
- Legal Aspects
- Beginning Your Ministry
- Communication & Collaboration
Day Three: Wholistic Health
- Health Promotion
- Behavioral Health
- Transforming Life Issues (Family Violence)
- Transforming Life Issues (Loss, Suffering, Grief)
Day Four: Community & Certification
- Accessing Resources
- Care Coordination
- Pinning Ceremony & Certification
Cost of the course is $400.00. Early Bird cost is $350.00 when registration and fees are submitted prior to July 5, 2019.
This course has been approved by the Board of Registered Nursing for 38 CE hours under provider #CEP16667 – HEART Courses Provider
- Download PDF file – Registration Form for Faith Community Nurse Basic Course
- Please mail your registration form and check to: Roxanna Stevens, FCN, at the Diocese of Fresno Pastoral Center, 1550 N. Fresno Street, Fresno, CA, 93703. Make the check out to Diocese of Fresno and in the memo space write “Faith Community Nurse Basic Course”.
Registration closes August 2, 2019. There will be a $165.00 cancellation fee after August the 8th, 2019.
In order to register for the course you need to have an active RN license and a letter from your pastor stating you are in good standing with your church. Please supply the following information: