More than 100 persons attended the mass burial of indigent persons at Fresno County Cemetery. From the program:
All Life has purpose and is sacred. This service is to remember those who have died in Fresno County. These are the homeless, many are the poor who are unable to afford burial, and some are those with no next of kin to claim their remains. All lived among us and are members of our community. Today we respectfully honor them in both life and death with this service.
Among those attending were Most Rev. Armando X. Ochoa, Bishop of the Diocese of Fresno, Fr. Dan Avila, diocesan Vocations Director, and Jim Grant, diocesan Social Justice Director.
- Margaret Mims, Fresno County Sheriff
- Rev. James C. Pappas
- Chaplain Terry Rommereim, Veterans Administration
- Anne-Marie Hinojosa, American Indian Culture
- Imam Ali M. Umar, Islamic Chaplain
- Rabbi Rick Winer, Temple Beth Israel
- Fr. Paul Keller, CMF, St. Paul Catholic Newman Center
- Katie Hymans, Unitarian-Univeralist Church of Fresno
- Dr. Venu Gopal, Hindu Temple
- Rev. Charles R. Spencer, Riverdale Assembly of God Church
- Chaplain Bill Hale, Senior Chaplain, Fresno Coumty Seriff-Coroner’s Office
Music was offered by the Fresno Pacific University Chamber Choir, Dr. Bethany Lynn Alvey, Director